MVSA Capital Festival
Welcome to the 2019 MVSA Capital Festival
Hosted by MVSA Girls Volleyball
Capital Festival I: May 4th & 5th - 16s
Capital Festival II: May 11th & 12th - 14's and 15's
Please scroll down for information on: General Information & Registration
Lodging Information is at right >>
- 14U, 15U and 16U Divisions
- 7 matches minimum
- $400.00 Entry Fee
- Number of Entries is Limited
- 16s deadline is 4/10/19 or until filled
- 14s & 15s deadline is 4/14/19 or until filled
- Tournament may fill before deadline!
- Format: All Matches will consist of best of three sets. The first two rounds will consist of 2 to 21 and, if necessary, a third set of 1 to 15. All playoff matches will consist of 25 point sets with the deciding set to 15. Seven matches minimum guaranteed, with all teams advancing into single elimination playoffs. Even the initial pools will be "power seeded" with the intent to maximize competitive play across all pools of each Division. The number of playoff divisions and final format depends on total number of teams entering. Expect a long day on Saturday for the expressed purpose of getting folks out of there at a decent hour on Sunday after the medal round.
- Venue: The eight court Discovery Sports Center (DSC), 18031 Central Park Circle, Boyds MD 20841, 301-528-1480 is the main competition site and tournament headquarters locations.
- Team Selection: In the case of over-subscription, teams from within the Region are placed based on standard CHRVA protocol. A number of out-of-region teams can be assured entry for each age group. Out-of-region teams, please contact Skip (see above) to reserve your spot during registration. Team lists will be posted by the Region after the registration deadline.
- Play Schedule: Round one schedule will be posted on the CHRVA website approximately a week before the tournament. The remaining schedule will be posted on this website immediately following. Please plan to expect for your team to play at 8:30 on Saturday. The flow of matches during the tournament is shown in the MVSA CapFest 20 Team Flowchart.
Entry fee is $400.00 payable to MVSA.
Chesapeake Region teams can use the Region online registration or get an invitation at the CHRVA Junior Girls website.
Out-of-region teams can download and print the age group appropriate entry form from the list below. The completed form can then be mailed per the instructions on the form.
- 14s Capital Festival Application Form
- 15s Capital Festival Application Form
- 16s Capital Festival Application Form
Please have the coach/Team rep check in at the tournament desk and verify the roster upon arrival Saturday morning prior to warm-up. The Chesapeake Region requires that all teams must bring and provide an official copy of the team Webpoint roster.
There are generous amounts of free parking available.
There is no admission charge for spectators.
Concessions will be available in the venue. Coolers are allowed in the camping areas. Food table set-ups are not allowed by the Region. The closest restaurants or stores are a few miles away.
Certified first referees will be provided for all matches. Teams must provide a second (down) referee, a certified scorekeeper, an assistant scorekeeper to flip the score and track the libero, and two line judges for their scheduled work assignments. A USAV registered adult must be courtside during the entire work assignment in case of any problems. The USAV registered adult may be a member of the work team (e.g. down referee). Incomplete (includes no USAV registered adult supervision), late or no show work teams will be penalized. Any questions, please check at the Tournament Desk.
Ice will be available however trainers will not be available at the venue. The Shady Grove Adventist Emergency Center is located just a few miles away in Germantown to treat injuries.
A tournament like this generates a LOT of waste including an amazing number of water/sport drink bottles. In addition to the usual request to clean up each team’s bench and camping area, we appreciate everyone’s effort to place their empty recyclable bottles in the designated recycling bins (and only recyclable bottles).